UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Snow build-up. PLEASE STAY OFF THE ICE UNTIL RINK IS RE-OPENED
Regular Rink Hours
Monday – Friday 4:00 to 9:00 pm.
Saturday noon to 9:00 pm.
Sunday 1:00 to 6:00 pm.
Family Skate on Sundays from 1:00 to 3:00 pm (no sticks, no pucks).
Brookview Outdoor Rink
General Rules of Use
- Current Community League skate tags (or other proof of community league membership) are required to use the rink. Please visit www.brookviewcommunityleague.ca/memberships for information on how to purchase a Brookview Community League membership and how to obtain skate tags if you have made an online membership purchase.
- The outdoor rink will close in the event of inclement weather (temperatures below -25 degrees Celcius with windchill, snow, rain, or unseasonably warm weather). This may mean that the rink opening or closing times will need to be modified on specific days. Please visit the Brookview Community League website ‘Rink Notifications’ for updates on rink closures.
- Pucks and sticks are NOT allowed on the rink during Family Skate (Sundays 1:00-3:00 PM) and during the Learn to Skate programs.
- For 2018, the Learn to Skate program will run on Mondays from 4:00-7:00 PM from January 15 to February 26 (with no program on Family Day).
- Please stay off the ice when the rink is closed. Skating on the rink during warm weather or during ice repairs causes significant ice damage and slows the repair process.
- Driving up to the rink is prohibited. It is illegal to drive on parkland without a permit ($250 fine). Residents can report it to Bylaw enforcement at night (after scheduled rink hours) by calling 311.
- No smoking or vaping allowed in the skate change room OR on the rinks OR benches. Alcohol is also prohibited.
- Please help keep our rink and change room clean by using the garbage cans provided.
We are aiming for a welcoming, family-friendly environment at our rink and facilities.
Thank you for your cooperation!