According to Councillor Cartmell, the purpose of this motion is to develop a plan to move forward and get the ball rolling on developing the Terwillegar Corridor.
That Administration do the following:
- Suspend any public engagement activities regarding the ultimate long term Terwillegar Drive / Whitemud Drive interchange and any roadway modifications that may limit access in the interim;
- Optimize the concept plan for the Terwillegar corridor between Whitemud Drive and Anthony Henday Drive, including provision for opportunities of mass transit and active transportation;
- Advance the Preliminary Design for Terwillegar Drive / 40th Avenue interchange;
- Advance the Preliminary Design for an optimized Stage 2 of the Whitemud Drive / Terwillegar Drive interchange, with consideration for reduced design parameters (i.e. design speeds) with the intent of reducing overall complexity and cost;
- Continue to advance preliminary design on the basis of a number of $75-100M packages in support of staged completion of the Terwillegar corridor, including full access for 40th Avenue, Rabbit Hill Road, 23 Avenue, and Haddow Drive;
- Present a list of potential shared funding opportunities with the provincial and federal government that take advantage of infrastructure and innovation funding;
- Bring back to Council a report summarizing progress on the aforementioned design elements in 2018 Q3.
For more details, please visit http://www.timcartmell.ca/the_time_is_now_for_terwillegar_motion_passed