Everyone is welcome! Come celebrate Canada’s 150th at THE GREAT CANADIAN WINTER FAMILY FUN FESTIVAL on Saturday, December 9th at the Mother Margaret Mary Catholic High School (2010 Leger Road) from Noon – 4:00 PM.
Everything is FREE!
- Registration/Info Booth – Everyone receives a printed passport and the details to 150 things (activities, events, etc.)(SWAG table).
- RADON Detector Table.
- TELUS Booth – Virtual Reality Demonstration.
- Solar Panel Booth.
- Nathan Ip – EPSB Trustee.
- Lisa Turchansky – ECSD Trustee.
- Hot Beverage Booth (Coffee/Hot Chocolate).
- Pizza – Pizza 73 and Bottled Water.
- Cobs Scones.
- Cotton Candy.
- CANADA 150 CAKE AND MINI-CUPCAKE TABLE.
- Christmas Tree and Chair for Santa Claus – we give a giant candy cane to anyone sitting on Santa’s Lap. We have elves and reindeer. There is a photo taken and emailed to them.
- Photo booth & wandering photographer.
- Other Booths for various local businesses.
- Craft Area with Tables – Volunteers provided by Brander Gardens ROCKS (Reaching Out To Community Kids).
- Button Maker Table.
- 2 bouncy castles in the gymnasium.
- Face Painting in the gymnasium.
- Indoor Holiday Music.
- First Aid And AED Booth.
Performance Events in Gymnasium:
- Sangea – African Drumming and Dancing.
- Edmonton Metis Cultural Dancers.
- Lillian Osborne Choir – Christmas Songs.
- Les Bucherons – French Canadian Entertainment.
- Les Bucherons – Maple Sugar Shack – people roll their stick of maple syrup over an ice/snow trough. – located at entrance of school.
- Log Sawing Contest.
- Fire Pits.
- Bannock Making – Sticks supplied.
- S’mores Making.
- X-country skiing.
- Sleigh rides.
- Christmas Carolling on the sleigh rides.
- Outdoor Music.
- Outdoor Ball Hockey on snow – TBD.